welcome

Welcome to the official blog of Vercingetorix712, a college student who enjoys kenjutsu, video games, current events, a good cup of tea, and most of all the concept of Deadliest Warrior. I sincerely hope you enjoy reading along as the most distinguished fighters from history and fictional works are selected and pitted against each other with one goal above all else: for one to emerge victorious and be crowned the Deadliest Warrior!!!


Featured Match:

Featured Battle:

fdhgfj

Total Pageviews so Far! Thanks for Your Support, Everyone!

Total Pageviews so Far! Thanks for Reading Everyone!

Check out the official Deadliest Warrior Showdown theme here:

I have been considering ideas for historical matches. What do you want to see?

Between Sora and Toon Link, who will walk away alive?

Between Sora and Toon Link, who will walk away alive?

Between Sora and Toon Link, who will walk away alive?

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Toon Link vs. Sora Part 1: Introduction and Grading Scale

    DW Showdown Match 2: Sora vs. Toon Link!











 Quick note: You'll notice throughout my blogs that I include musical tracks to listen to as you read. This comes from my belief that my matchups should fully immerse you in the battle taking place. Whether it is a character's theme song or just cool battle music, I select the tracks to portray the personalities of the warriors the or the energy of the fight taking place. Please listen to them, and tell me what you think!




 Intro Music: Route 26 Orchestrated
I know it's the same theme as my last match, but this version is too epic not to use!






The Deadliest Warrior Showdown Official Theme



























Vercingetorix\_ Proudly Presents...

A Deadliest Warrior Showdown Production...

Hosted on Blogspot Because Spike's Site is Crap...



















The Deadliest Warrior Showdown Match 2:










Sora Versus Toon Link!







Introduction
                                                       
Both warriors fighting for their friends and against evil.
Both willing to die to protect their loved ones,
But only one can survive to complete his adventure. 

WHO. IS. DEADLIEST?!?!?!?!?













Preface



Hey everyone, I have finally gotten the urge to write again, but before I resume my oft-delayed main battle I want to shift gears a bit in order to regain my creative passion. I know it's been a while, but I can say I'm truly excited about this match and I want to see it through to completion.

Sometimes, I like to imagine what would happen if two fictional characters from different worlds collided and had a reason to fight. We all had these discussions when we were young, but us kids were always naive and we only had one side of the story, that of the character we liked better. Nor can games such as Super Smash Bros. tell us anything because the outcome depends on the skill of the players. These debates often ended in stalemate through disagreement and insufficient knowledge.

    With that in mind, I feel that it's time to settle once and for all who would win in a contest between two of the past decade's most innovative video game heroes: Sora from Kingdom Hearts and Toon Link from Zelda: the Wind Waker. These games were some of the best of the last decade, and I spent many hours following the stories of Sora and Link. I was a fan of both of these characters when growing up (I was actually the same age as Link when I first played Wind Waker), so I have a particular fascination in settling their score, which arose through the fact that they are from completely different universes yet are remarkably similar in their motivations, fighting styles, and frames of mind.Sora vs. Link is going to be a blast, and I can't remember when I was last so passionate about a matchup like this. Before our competitors are introduced, let's first go over how they will be assessed:



Grading Scale

Battle Details:
   For this battle I will use a modified version of the grading system developed by iHonk and afanofsparta. It differs from the show in that instead of just comparing the warriors' weapons, factors such as armor, tactics, and organization are taken into account. I also have added a few changes, such as several new categories to assess the combatants.
    Each category will feature data from both sides, and points will be assigned to both warriors, with the warrior with the edge in his category recieving more points. To ensure the winner isn't revealed before the simulation, the points allotted will be shown in the aftermath. However, the warrior with the "edge" in his category will get more points for his side than the opponent. The categories will be weighted differently, depending on how effective the category is in general.


With that in mind, the assessed categories will be:





Offense: 

Close Range Attacking: Weapons and Magical attacks effective within ten feet.
      Mid Range Attacking: Weapons and Magical Attacks effective at 10-20 feet.

      Long Range Attacking: Weapons and Magical Attacks effective at ranges of 20-50 feet.

      Super Long Range Attacking:Weapons and Magical Attacks effective at ranges of over 50 feet.

      Special Weapons: A Warrior's signature move, or one that doesn't fit into any other category.

      Magic Powers: A special attack brought about by magical ability, usually powerful.



      Defense:

      Blocking: Abilities and Equipment for deflecting attacks.

      Counterattacks: The best defense turned into the best offense.

      Shielding: Magical energy barriers for repelling attacks.

      Recovery: Healing spells, potions, and other means of restoration.



      Mobility:

      Short Range Mobility: How well a fighter can maneuver in up-close combat.

      Long Range Mobility: How well a fighter can travel long distances.



      Intangibles:

      Training and Experience: How a Warrior's prior training and experiences contribute to their fighting ability.

      Tactical Knowledge: How well the Warrior can strategize and adapt to battlefield conditions, and the overall effectiveness of these strategies.

      Past Opponents: The level of difficulty of the Warrior's past enemies, their frequency of combat, and their record against said opponents.

      Defining Moment: A Warrior's best showing of battlefield fortitude, often a great battle or another trial.

      Psychological Aspects: How the Warrior thinks, their relations with allies, and how well they cope with the stresses of combat. Also includes intimidation and creativity in warfare.

      Motivations: What gets the Warrior off the couch and into the ring! Also covers leadership ability and morale.




      About Overall Edges: 
      During the Edges section, I'll be grouping together categories that are similar in nature. The Warrior determined to be the most effective out of both will be given an Overall Edge for that category, as well as a slight points bonus.








      With that out of the way, it's time to meet our combatants for this battle, starting with the Hero of Winds, Toon Link!


      Continue Here For Part 2: Toon Link's Warrior Profile!!!

      4 comments:

      1. Seriously I am so inspired by this that I may use Sora as a character in the future (once I find an opponent). If he is voted to fight next and he wins he may even fight Alex/ Winner of Sarah/Anakin!

        ReplyDelete
      2. I am deprived because I have played neither of these games :( However I once saw the cover artwork for Kingdom hearts and it took my breath away. So I have no doubts that this fight will be of epic proportions.

        I too know the longing to know what'll happen when two characters from different fandoms face off.

        ReplyDelete
      3. Seriously, pick up and play both games, it's well worth your time. As I said, these are still two of my favorites ever, and each succeeds in its own way.
        Wind Waker has an amazing art style and a massive ocean world to explore. Unfortunately. it's a little too easy and short.
        Kingdom Hearts has an excellent plot and a higher difficulty curve than Zelda. It's also longer, but it's a bit more linear.

        You can find both for about twelve bucks on ebay,so pick up both today! You won't regret it.

        ReplyDelete
      4. I think I'll go with Sora. I had him in a battle of my own (in a fight currently viewable only from my DeviantArt Account), so I know how tough he is. Toon Link is an interesting opponent, but against the defeater of heartless and nobodies, he doesn't stand a chance.

        ReplyDelete